Explore the wonder and beauty of God’s creation underground!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
See how dark total darkness really is! Alpine uses “wild caves”—no lighted walkways or stairs. Equipped with a helmet and headlamp, you will walk, climb, roll, and crawl through a wonderland of stalactites and stalagmites. Discover salamanders and other underground wildlife and test the natural acoustics with a group song!
The unique environment of twisting passageways and massive formation rooms provides many object lessons that can illustrate spiritual truths. From Matthew’s Gospel through Revelation, the Bible refers to Jesus Christ and His followers as Light. Your youth group, church group, or Christian school class will understand this metaphor as never before during a trip through the cave with Alpine Adventures.
11 years old
Caving is a full day activity and includes a packed lunch and all necessary equipment. Transportation to and from the hiking location is provided.
View full rate sheet
- Crawling through our caves will get your clothes more dirty than they have ever been. Wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt under your caving attire, so that the outer layer can be removed after caving. You will get very dirty!
- Long pants are required and long sleeves are recommended. Layered clothing is best due to the temperature of the cave – about 56 degrees year-round. Old rugged clothing such as jeans and sweatshirt or old work bibs (long) or coveralls are great.
- Boots or shoes with good tread for hiking and walking in muddy areas are best; no open-toed shoes or Crocs. These shoes will get dirty and cannot be used for gym activities. Take an extra pair of shoes to wear after caving.
- Kneepads and/or elbow pads are recommended for crawling. Old gloves may also be worn.
- The wearing of contact lenses is not recommended for this activity.
- All participants should bring any necessary medications with them (e.g. inhalers, required prescriptions, allergy medications, or epi-pen).
- Participants may also want to have insect repellent on trips.
- Guests that wear contact lenses may want to consider wearing glasses on trips or carry a travel size solution kit for activities.