Conquer the Class I-III rapids on the Upper New River in a two-person inflatable kayak (duckie)!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Alpine’s two-person, inflatable kayaks (duckies) are the perfect opportunity to chart your own course on the Upper New River (class I-III)! You and a partner will aim for the waves together, following the direction of the experienced river guides accompanying you. Learn teamwork and problem solving while enjoying the majesty and fun of the New River Gorge National Park. Splash wars, a delicious lunch, jump rock, and biblical application make this an Alpine adventure not to be missed! No previous rafting experience required.
12 years old
- Your paddle, PFD (life jacket), and helmet
- A delicious lunch served picnic-style beside the river
- All transportation between Alpine and the river
View full rate sheet
Male – modest trunk-style swim suit or board shorts.
Female – modest swim suit and shorts. The midriff should be covered and no low-cut tops, please.
Water sandals or shoes for water recreation.
T-shirts and sunscreen are highly recommended.
Inexpensive sunglasses with strap. Safety strap for eyeglasses.
Flip-flops/shoes without backs are not acceptable as well as long pants, skirts, or culottes as they may be a safety hazard.
In addition to the warm weather suggestions:
Layer with quick-drying clothes like fleece and polyester. Avoid wearing cotton (e.g., T-shirts or regular socks).
Wet suits and paddling splash jackets are available for rent (provided for free in April and October). Modest shorts must be worn over wet suit.
- All participants should bring any necessary medications with them (e.g., inhalers, required prescriptions, allergy medications, or epi-pen).
- Participants may also want to have insect repellent on trips.
- Guests who wear contact lenses may want to consider wearing glasses on trips or carry a travel size solution kit for activities.